Monday, 14 September 2026

Request to Intervene and Ensure that Another Panel of Justices is Appointed to Hear and Determine Civil Appeal No. COA-00-CV-CA-0186-2022, Bakampa Brian Baryaguma v. Law Development Centre and Civil Application No. COA-00-CV-CL-0775-2022, Bakampa Brian Baryaguma v. Law Development Centre

 BAKAMPA BRIAN BARYAGUMA

MOBILE: +256753124713 / +256772748300;

EMAIL: bakampasenior@gmail.com;

WEB ADDRESS: www.huntedthinker.blogspot.com;

Kampala, Uganda.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Wednesday, 9th September, 2026.

To:

The Court Administrator,

Court of Appeal of Uganda,

Courts of Judicature, KAMPALA.

Your Lordship,

Re:      Request to Intervene and Ensure that Another Panel of Justices is Appointed to Hear and Determine Civil Appeal No. COA-00-CV-CA-0186-2022, Bakampa Brian Baryaguma v. Law Development Centre and Civil Application No. COA-00-CV-CL-0775-2022, Bakampa Brian Baryaguma v. Law Development Centre

Thank you for your good service to Uganda, my Lord. God bless you. In particular, thank you for seeing to it that this court constitutes a panel of justices to hear and determine my above captioned cases in the July 2026 civil session – which hearing though flopped.

Thus, today, I write to request your Lordship to kindly intervene and ensure that another panel of justices is appointed to hear and determine the cases in the ongoing September 2026 civil session. I have come to you because I suspect that some staff in the registry are colluding with LDC to frustrate and prevent hearing of this case. You may wonder how we got here. Explained below is how.

The letter was duly served on both the Court Administrator and on LDC through its retained advocates as evidenced by their stamps duly acknowledging receipt of it, while the registrar's copy was filed on the court's online portal, ECCMIS.

The panel in the July session comprising Justices Gashirabake Christopher, Nakachwa Florence and Ssekaana Musa was unable to hear my appeal and its attendant application because Justices Nakachwa and Ssekaana recused themselves, even without being moved by anybody to do so – although I also had reservations to them sitting in the case; so the feeling that they should not participate in it was mutual as between them and me. There being no other justices to immediately replace them, it was decided that the cases be moved to this month’s (September) session. That panel was a non-starter and it appears to me that it was appointed jut to appease and hoodwink me. It was for kunejjako (in Luganda); a hubris (kiwani, in common slang); and also a mockery of your Lordship.

On 21 July 2026, I was told by the registrar in charge of the case, Her Worship Natukunda Janeva, that panels will be constituted in August; and since then (August) I have been trying to reach her for assurance that my cases will be reallocated a panel, but without success. Even yesterday morning (8 September 2026), I went to her chambers, was told by her clerks that she is in a meeting and was advised to come back in the afternoon. When I went back at 2:00pm, they told me that she would not be in office that afternoon. When I went to see the head registrar for assistance, her clerk told me that she is very busy this week and so may not be available.

Your Lordship, I have a feeling that Her Worship Natukunda is avoiding me; and in so doing, is also preventing me from getting a court panel to hear my cases. I am fortified in this view by the fact that on/or about Monday, 3rd August, 2026, she found me waiting for her at her chambers, together with Counsel Ssemuyaba Justin, whom she saw and worked on, but refused to see me saying that it was late. We were only two. She came in at about 5:30pm from attending a celebration of sorts on (I think) 4th floor, met Mr. Ssemuyaba for about five (5) minutes, yet when I also tried to go in after him, she told the court clerk present to tell me to go away. L I have also tried to get assurance from her office clerk, Mr. Khaukha Micah (who knows me and my case well), but he has refused to tell me anything. I don’t blame him because constituting panels is really not his job.

But on Thursday, 23rd July, 2026, I was informed by LDC’s counsel that it was decided that the cases be reallocated for conferencing. I wrote to the registrar objecting to resuming and continuing with conferencing for reasons stated in the letter. (A copy is hereon attached and marked as “A”.) Conferencing was completed. LDC chose not to file conferencing notes. They usually manipulate processes and rig results. They don’t want this case to be disposed of and apparently some registry staff are playing along. I pray this court does not allow itself to be manipulated and the course of justice rigged by LDC at any point in my case against it.

My Lord, I have so far seen two cause lists (the latest dated 7 September 2026 for cases to be heard on 21st, 22nd and 25th September), but my cases have not been included among them. I therefore conclude this letter with once again requesting your Lordship to kindly intervene and ensure that another panel of justices is appointed to hear and determine Civil Appeal No. COA-00-CV-CA-0186-2022, Bakampa Brian Baryaguma v. Law Development Centre and Civil Application No. COA-00-CV-CL-0775-2022, Bakampa Brian Baryaguma v. Law Development Centre in the ongoing September 2026 civil session as was promised to me by Her Worship Natukunda Janeva in July.

Most obliged.

[signed]

Bakampa Brian Baryaguma

Appellant/Applicant

Mob:               +256753124713.

Email:             bakampasenior@gmail.com.

 

Copy to:        Registrar

Dentons Advocates (formerly Kyagaba & Otatiina Advocates)

No comments:

Post a Comment